Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Boxes!

We got our first box in the mail two days ago!
I'd have taken a picture, but my iphone has decided I take too many.  Grr. 

I was so excited to open it! It contained my son's Lifepac 3rd grade Language Arts!  It was pretty neat to actually see this whole thing getting underway with concrete evidence!

Today, coming home from my first run in about two weeks, ugh, I saw the mailman leaving our street.  He doesnt have to enter our cul-de-sac unless there is something too big to put in the mailboxes on the posts at the end of the road, so I knew I had a surprise! 

Switched on Schoolhouse 8th grade Language Arts, Bible, (which they are all going to do together), History and Geography and my daughter's elective, The Vietnam Era.  My 6th grader got her Lifepac Language Arts, as well. 

Alpha Omega was having a sale, ok? 20 percent off and free shipping. I went a little grapenuts. 

6th grader still needs a Social Studies. I think maybe she and the 3rd grader will share an A Beka, if I can make it to a curriculum fair I heard was coming up, I'd like to see the material, I think. 

I still have not decided what Science program to use??  And "reading"?  That's probably gonna take care of itself.  Math will be Math-u-see, I just haven't ordered yet. 

Can't wait for more boxes!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Hey there! Apologia is a great science program to use. Don't stress out too much. Try to relax and enjoy this adventure you are all about to take together. It will be great!

Amanda said...

Thanks for the encouraging word!